The Noble Creed's forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The Noble Creed's website!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ventrilo Server/Channel

Go down 
4 posters

What do you think about a Ventrilo channel/server?
Great!
Ventrilo Server/Channel I_vote_lcap75%Ventrilo Server/Channel I_vote_rcap
 75% [ 3 ]
Its ok...
Ventrilo Server/Channel I_vote_lcap0%Ventrilo Server/Channel I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I want some other communaction program..
 0% [ 0 ]
I dont have Ventrilo, i dont know what it is...
Ventrilo Server/Channel I_vote_lcap25%Ventrilo Server/Channel I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
I'm fine without..
 0% [ 0 ]
Stupid idea, dont need it!
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
Zyrgel
Admin
Zyrgel

Ventrilo Server/Channel Empty
PostSubject: Ventrilo Server/Channel   Ventrilo Server/Channel EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 4:23 pm

As you can see my subject is about Ventrilo. I know i can be offline for days from shayia, but that is not because i dont have time, its because i also play other games.
So i have made myself a goal, and that is to get us either a Ventrilo server (free ofc, if its possible =P) or get us a Ventrilo channel, that i know is possible to get free.
this way i can be online talking to you guys all the time im on my computer, either if i am playing Shayia, or Silkroad or Rohan.
but to get that i might need some help from you guys to idle on some irc channels or just one Wink

I will also make a poll if you want a ventrilo server/channel.
Back to top Go down
http://lostnine.ogameteam.org
WhitetigerN

WhitetigerN

PostSubject: Re: Ventrilo Server/Channel   Ventrilo Server/Channel EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 8:46 pm

I think it is a good idea but I dont really know much about Ventrilo, can you tell me something more about it?
Back to top Go down
Zyrgel
Admin
Zyrgel

PostSubject: Re: Ventrilo Server/Channel   Ventrilo Server/Channel EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 9:41 pm

Ventrilo is a communication program where you use a microphone(you usually have if you have headset) to talk to other ppl who have Ventrilo.
You will be communicate through talking with eachother. this way it is easier in for example Pvp to commuicate about tactics or it will also be easier to tell about stuff. It might be a bit difficoult because of our distances, you might lagg if you are to long aways from where the server is. like it is for Australians to play games that have their base in Europe or America Wink

The easiest way to say it would be:
It makes communication easier !
Back to top Go down
Tree-Doc
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ventrilo Server/Channel   Ventrilo Server/Channel EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 7:27 am

I'm like White I don't know what ventrilo is but from what you have wrote, I also think its a great idea, and if I can help to get it started with you both count me in. I have already spoke with Dave ( Faramir ) using a mic and headset on yahoo messenger, and it really makes things a lots simpler although it is strange at first talking live with some one you have never met. but yes lets pester the guys to get more involved in this site and may be then we can get them all talking live
Back to top Go down
WhitetigerN

WhitetigerN

PostSubject: Re: Ventrilo Server/Channel   Ventrilo Server/Channel EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 3:24 pm

I think it is a good idea
I have a build in mic in my laptop, haven't really used it, I think is works fine and else I will buy a headset (my ...ehm what do you call them again...earphones or something...well they dont work anymore so I have to buy new ones anyway, might as well buy a headset then.)
It would be weird at first and I hope my english speaking is good enough. I will have to inform my family first or they will think I have gone crazy Wink . And can't use it when my family is sleaping Sleep (hehe but actually I should be sleeping then as well)

One more question: What is the difference between a server and a channel?
Back to top Go down
Zyrgel
Admin
Zyrgel

PostSubject: Re: Ventrilo Server/Channel   Ventrilo Server/Channel EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 1:04 am

Tree-Doc wrote:
I'm like White I don't know what ventrilo is but from what you have wrote, I also think its a great idea, and if I can help to get it started with you both count me in. I have already spoke with Dave ( Faramir ) using a mic and headset on yahoo messenger, and it really makes things a lots simpler although it is strange at first talking live with some one you have never met. but yes lets pester the guys to get more involved in this site and may be then we can get them all talking live

Well i don't feel anything strange about talking to new ppl on the mic that i never actually have meet, but that prolly because i have done that for like hundreds of time =P
like last month i found a guild in Silkroad, they had Ventrilo, i join and talked to them. they where from America and England though.

WhitetigerN wrote:
One more question: What is the difference between a server and a channel?

A channel is a room in the server that somebody else own.
When i wrote that i thought like this;
A channel would be like having an apparment, while a server is to have your own house Wink
Back to top Go down
Zyrgel
Admin
Zyrgel

PostSubject: Re: Ventrilo Server/Channel   Ventrilo Server/Channel EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 3:09 am

Well, either way you want it or not, i think i have found a server where we get a free channel. By that i mean i have to talk to the server owners about a channel, but i wont do that now. because its pretty late here with me, right now.
But i will add the IP and port to it, and the link you use to downloade ventrilo Exclamation

The link:

www.ventrilo.com

You are going to click on
Windows i386 - 32bit - Win2000, XP, 2003, Vista, 2008 (Version 3.0.5)

Freeventrilo server 200 slots
IP: 64.237.62.226
PORT: 4309
No Password

This is the Information you have to put in to get acces to the server.
you have to install Ventrilo, you have to into ventrilo
then you will see:
Username: ->
Server: ->
Bindings: ->

you need to click on the arrow beside server to add the information i just gave you. and you have to add your username at the arrow beside Username Wink
Back to top Go down
WhitetigerN

WhitetigerN

PostSubject: Re: Ventrilo Server/Channel   Ventrilo Server/Channel EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 3:28 pm

I have downloaded it and entered the information you gave me. It looks a bit complicated at the moment, but I did read the help file and entered the settings Ventrilo advised.
Back to top Go down
Tree-Doc
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ventrilo Server/Channel   Ventrilo Server/Channel EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 9:04 pm

I have also downloaded the ventrilo programme, and Im just about to go enter the information you left. ehehehe I wish you hadn't said it looks complicated White, you both know I'm the dummy when it comes to Pc's and my knees are knocking already.
Back to top Go down
WhitetigerN

WhitetigerN

PostSubject: Re: Ventrilo Server/Channel   Ventrilo Server/Channel EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 2:57 am

Hehe well it wasn't that bad ,was it?
I was mostly talking about all the setup settings.
Back to top Go down
Zyrgel
Admin
Zyrgel

PostSubject: Re: Ventrilo Server/Channel   Ventrilo Server/Channel EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 3:07 am

Ok now we got our own Ventrilo Channel

Name:
- The Nbole Creed (Zyrgel)

Password is:
tnc4065
Back to top Go down
WhitetigerN

WhitetigerN

PostSubject: Re: Ventrilo Server/Channel   Ventrilo Server/Channel EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 1:38 pm

Zyrgel wrote:
Ok now we got our own Ventrilo Channel

Name:
- The Nbole Creed (Zyrgel)

Password is:
tnc4065

I hope you mean the name is the Noble Creed (Zyrgel) Wink
Back to top Go down
indie

PostSubject: Re: Ventrilo Server/Channel   Ventrilo Server/Channel EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 10:02 pm

tree and i find that just opening yahoo messenger works too.. just an idea (:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ventrilo Server/Channel   Ventrilo Server/Channel Empty

Back to top Go down

Ventrilo Server/Channel
Page 1 of 1