The Noble Creed's forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The Noble Creed's website!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My fighter build (hm)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
WhitetigerN

WhitetigerN

My fighter build (hm) Empty
PostSubject: My fighter build (hm)   My fighter build (hm) EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 2:39 pm

I made my fighter just to get to um as fast as possible. Before I read a guide about fighters I just used the build I thought was the best: 4(+1) str and 3 dex. However after reading some guides about fighters I tried 5(+1) str and 2 dex. Because this is what everyone suggests to do as a fighter. However I didn't like the build it just made grinding slower. I started using my own build again. I don't die easily, and hardly miss, I like it better then the 2 dex 5 str build.

My opinion: guides can be very nice, but sometimes you just have to choose what you think is the best Wink
Back to top Go down
Tree-Doc
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My fighter build (hm)   My fighter build (hm) EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 5:02 pm

I agree with you on fallowing other peoples guides and what a lot of these guides fail to tell you is that when people write these guide there just like us, there feeling there way through and experimenting as they go, and what turns out to be a great build for them doesn't been it will work for you, and really if we all stuck to the same method were would the fun come from all having the same character builds, there are players in our guild who have been playing Shiaya for along time now and are a wealth of information and experience ( Faramir and shockforce ) I think White is so right sticking to what works best for her.

Tree-Doc lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
WhitetigerN

WhitetigerN

PostSubject: Re: My fighter build (hm)   My fighter build (hm) EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 6:05 pm

Also a lot of people forget the extra stat you get when talking about builds (and I am not even mentioning lapis,gears etc.).

So if there is a ranger with 2 dex and 5 str he/she has a different build then a fighter with 2 dex and 5 str.

I might post some more information about fighters but at the moment I don't think I have enough experience with playing them. I have some helpfull hints however. ( As I was saying if you think an advice is wrong just do what you liek the best, however it might be helpfull) Based on mistakes I feel have made on my fighter

Two skills I found not so good:

double damage
Heavy swat

For both I found the damage to low to make a difference, you might like them more then me but I'd advice to think carefully before getting these skills. I feel like I wasted points on them.

Also I started out using both duals and two handed swords because I wanted to be able to use ground shock and deadly strike. This was before episode 4. Now I only use my two handed sword because I can do deadly strike with them as well, but it has costed me some skill points to try and use both.(power up and mastery). Unless you have a lot skill points be carefull with choosing two types of weapons...
Back to top Go down
WhitetigerN

WhitetigerN

PostSubject: Re: My fighter build (hm)   My fighter build (hm) EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 6:27 pm

Tree-Doc wrote:
I agree with you on fallowing other peoples guides and what a lot of these guides fail to tell you is that when people write these guide there just like us, there feeling there way through and experimenting as they go, and what turns out to be a great build for them doesn't been it will work for you, and really if we all stuck to the same method were would the fun come from all having the same character builds, there are players in our guild who have been playing Shiaya for along time now and are a wealth of information and experience ( Faramir and shockforce ) I think White is so right sticking to what works best for her.

Tree-Doc lol! lol!

Hehe I have experimented with some weird builds (rec ranger, priest with stat points in int and rec etc) just because it is funny to do something that not all the people out there have done.

Guides can be nice however when you really havent got a clue about builds and skills. ( ehm I added str to my mage as a newbie Rolling Eyes )
Back to top Go down
Zyrgel
Admin
Zyrgel

PostSubject: Re: My fighter build (hm)   My fighter build (hm) EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 10:07 pm

WhitetigerN wrote:

double damage
Heavy swat

For both I found the damage to low to make a difference, you might like them more then me but I'd advice to think carefully before getting these skills. I feel like I wasted points on them.

i think Dubkle damage is really good since you add anothe damg plus your base damage, but i agree with you about Heavy swat. stay away from it, your a fighter not a defender(if you are going the offensive side Wink)
Back to top Go down
http://lostnine.ogameteam.org
WhitetigerN

WhitetigerN

PostSubject: Re: My fighter build (hm)   My fighter build (hm) EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 1:03 am

SN1PERN wrote:
WhitetigerN wrote:

double damage
Heavy swat

i think Dubkle damage is really good since you add anothe damg plus your base damage, but i agree with you about Heavy swat. stay away from it, your a fighter not a defender(if you are going the offensive side Wink)

That is why I am saying advice isn't written in stone, you like something else then me, I found it to little extra damage but if someone else thinks its great then that is good cheers

...I would make an awfull dictator Evil or Very Mad farao king queen
Back to top Go down
Zyrgel
Admin
Zyrgel

PostSubject: Re: My fighter build (hm)   My fighter build (hm) EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 1:10 am

WhitetigerN wrote:

...I would make an awfull dictator Evil or Very Mad farao king queen

sure? diktators are often bad ppls you know Wink like Mao Zedong, Stalin and Hitler =P
Back to top Go down
WhitetigerN

WhitetigerN

PostSubject: Re: My fighter build (hm)   My fighter build (hm) EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 2:03 pm

hehe yes that's why I would make a bad one.

Or do you think otherwise?...in that case I can be bad Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Zyrgel
Admin
Zyrgel

PostSubject: Re: My fighter build (hm)   My fighter build (hm) EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 2:31 pm

i believe there could be good diktators though =O
Back to top Go down
Tree-Doc
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My fighter build (hm)   My fighter build (hm) EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 8:16 pm

hehehe come on guys, I think we getting a little off track talking about dictators in a fairytale game's programme, but you carry on what ever blows your skirt up hehehe. I knew this forum was going to get some good discussions going. Both u and Snip don't like heavy swot, I have a lev 48 nm fighter and a lev 30 um fighter and have kept heavy swat on both. I haven't played fighters for a while now but if heavy swat is the skill I am thinking of, I find this skill ok, and it might be that it becomes more useful when you get this skill to lev3, but this is the exact point we are trying to make, what some find not much good other find it good, and so try different ways of building your toons, I know that its not much of a problem swapping and changing your toons build when your in lower levs, but it can start to become expensive when you get to the higher levels, because u can,t just delete your toon and start again you have to start buying stat and skill reset stone, which cost from 35 to 50 mil gold, or 799 AP. But there are ways of getting these things with out breaking into your own money which i will get into another time
Back to top Go down
WhitetigerN

WhitetigerN

PostSubject: Re: My fighter build (hm)   My fighter build (hm) EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 9:08 pm

yes sorry got a bit off topic, what I was trying to say is: I don't like giving people a feeling that there is just one way to do things and that is the right way. (like a dictator) that was the point I was trying to make Wink. Sorry for my bad and hard to understand sense of humor:suspect:

But even with the free reset we got I feel like I still made some mistakes at getting skills, and don't have enough skill points now.....

I did download a skill planner, but it doesnt have the episode 4 skills.....

But I must say after playing a mage: is it just me or is fighter a bit unfair: they don't die easily, have good attack power so they are good at soloing and also quite good at parties with their aoe...
I can understand now why everyone plays a fighther if they want to level fast
Back to top Go down
Tree-Doc
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My fighter build (hm)   My fighter build (hm) EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 7:08 pm

Hehehe you have opened a real can of worms now by mentioning how over powered fighters are, I do a lot of reading on the main Shiaya site, and have been following this same argument, and I really agree with alot of people that fighters should have some of there skills powered back. The main one being stinger, fighter are supposed to be melee attackers, I think that stinger gives fighters a really unfair advantage over all other classes, if stinger was shorter it would at least give classes like mages and Archers a chance to get off a few spells or shots, because it would mean that all fighters would have to show there intention of attack with having to move closer before using stinger. once a fighter has come into contact with any other class, that class is as good as dead, remove stinger, or shorten it and it gives other classes at least a chance to fight back

I'm playing a level 55 hm Ranger and still find it very hard to fend off a fighter of lev 50, if he hits me with stinger, windspin im done if he gets 1 more big hit on me, and any fighter above 50 I don't have a chance.

But like every one, I do love it when I'm in grinding party in Desert or Jungle and we get ambushed from darkies, and the fighter uses his stinger and windspin to fly round them, and kill them off. but we can't have our cake all the time and eat it. hehehe
Back to top Go down
WhitetigerN

WhitetigerN

PostSubject: Re: My fighter build (hm)   My fighter build (hm) EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 1:30 am

I know hm is better then nm but when I compare my fighter to my mage I think my fighter is A LOT better. And yes stinger....well I have seen the discussions as well, and I think they should make it only useable on mobs, but that is just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
WhitetigerN

WhitetigerN

PostSubject: Re: My fighter build (hm)   My fighter build (hm) EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 1:33 am

Here some armor screenshots:

My fighter build (hm) Fighte10

Dont mind the bad quality
Back to top Go down
Tree-Doc
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My fighter build (hm)   My fighter build (hm) EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 6:58 am

your getting really good white at messing about with the picture's. Every one keeps telling me its so easy to do, but for me, its just something I can't get my head round, I can also remember when you were asking how to do a Sig, your a quick study. keep them coming there good.
Back to top Go down
WhitetigerN

WhitetigerN

PostSubject: Re: My fighter build (hm)   My fighter build (hm) EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 3:55 pm

Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Gamenot

PostSubject: Re: My fighter build (hm)   My fighter build (hm) EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 3:32 am

at the highest lvls um mages/pagans seem to be good now in pvp/pve as of ep4 + the glitched duals arre dropping now so don't rule mages out so fast. Especially in 1v1 conflict(I have personally experienced it in duels) the instant spells are powerful.

um rangers can now take on um fighters easily now

defenders are definatly the most over powered class at late lvls

archers hit hard with a bit of distance

but in terms of how easy a class to play, fighters are definatly easiest and require the least amount of thought or stratergy to play
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My fighter build (hm)   My fighter build (hm) Empty

Back to top Go down

My fighter build (hm)
Page 1 of 1